Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Finally made it!

Unfortunately I did not get into Queretaro until very late last night.  Due to the Arctic Freeze that the majority of the US seemed to be under my first flight from Detroit was delayed, then cancelled after an hour and a half.  But within about 20 minutes of calling I was able to book the next flight...which also ended up being delayed another hour and half.  This made me miss my connection in Dallas to Queretaro, but they reassigned me to the next flight that left about 5 hours later.  Then when it was finally time to board that plane, but it also had a delay (mechanical issues) for another 2 hours.   I was supposed to be in Queretaro at 3:30 in the afternoon.  Instead I got to my hotel at about 1:45am.  I was exhausted (had been awake and barely slept since 2am yesterday) and frustrated.  My luggage should be here this afternoon in which they said they would deliver it, which is awesome, but that causes a problem for me because I meeting my host family today and don't know their address.  They insist on delivering it, even though it would be best if we just picked it up.

So despite that headache which the weather from home is 100% to blame, I am here!  I can't wait to meet my host family.  That will make my travel stresses from yesterday go away.