Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Less than 3 weeks!

In a short amount of time, I will be leaving for Mexico for roughly 5 months from January 7th, to May 21st.  This is the biggest thing I have done in my adult life.  It is also something I've had on my bucket list: to live in another country.

At the moment I'm having some mixed feelings because it's so huge.  There are so many floating around in my head: excitement, anxiety, joy, apprehension, etc.  No matter what I will go, it just might be harder to leave than I thought it would be.  One of my big motivations is that every person who I've spoken with that has done study abroad has said it was worth it.  I've had friends go all over from Spain, Ecuador, Japan, Ghana, China, Australia, France, Mexico, and I know there are more however I can't remember them all.  Everyone said that they had some hiccups here and there in their programs--which is to be expected because that is how life is anyways.  Despite these hiccups, they all said that they had great experiences.

So lots and lots of feelings going on.

I should probably start packing, or at least figuring out what I need.